Friday, July 5, 2013

Pirate Girl

I'm currently traveling around the Tanzanian side of the Mara River Basin...checking out all the different rain, climate and hydrological gauging stations.

I came across these children at the Kiagata Primary School.  They help watch over one of the automated rain gauges installed at their primary school.  I couldn't help but notice that one of the kids was wearing a shirt from Savannah, Ga.  These kids don't see many visitors here since there is no tourism in this area.  I stopped for a bit a tried to tell him some about Savannah...how it is in Georgia...on the coast...has lots of nice people that live there.. that I'm from Georgia...and that there are no Pirates in Savannah.  

 

I'm always amazed at how hungry the children are for interaction with foreigners and how big their smiles can  get.  

No comments: